Cookie and Cream Ice Cream
So yummy and perfect for afternoon on the porch. No need for artificial preservatives ...........it never lasts very long! Simple and delicious.
2 1/2 cups half-and-half
8 egg yolks
1 cup sugar
2 1/2 cups whipping cream
4 teaspoons vanilla
1/8 teas spoon salt
20 crushed Oreos
1. Heat Half and Half until very hot but not boiling
2. Mix egg yolks and sugar until well blended and slightly thickened, very gradually blend in hot half and half.
3.Add mixture to medium sauce pan and cook over medium heat until steamy and bubbles form around edge, stirring constantly. Do not boil.
4. Once hot, pour into large sauce bowl and stir in whipping cream, vanilla and salt.
5. Cover and chill thoroughly
6. Add to the ice cream maker as per your manufacturers instructions, stir in crushed Oreos during the last stage of freezing.